Tuesday 5 May 2015

Thoughts for essay and plan

WHAT AM I ACTUALLY GOING TO DO FOR THIS ESSAY? AHHH

>From what I have looked into in terms of academic work in the past..

THE MEDIA 
^

I think this subject is massive and can relate to in most circumstances. Seeing as I want to look into youth culture, I think that I should relate it to this subject, as 1) Im interested in it 2) I know I can find enough information on it to write a half decent essay. 

Now, an essay question?..

"How did the media portray youths and rebellion in 1960s Britain?"

"Was the media responsible for rebellion and rioting in 1960s Britain; use caste studies"

"To what extent did the media have an impact on youth culture and rebellion in 1960s Britain; with use of case studies"

"Media and Youth culture - who's responsible?"


>I chose the second to last essay title, as I find that it doesn't show what side I'm on in the question, it's a bit more up in the air. I also think having 'with use of case studies' informs the reader that I'm going to be giving real life examples and analysis to give the essay more punch. 


What to talk about?

>Deviation amplification 
>Folk Devils & Moral panics
>Deindividuation 
>Case studies
>Labelling Theory
>Context - 1960s background information 
>Studies into media and violent behaviour 
>Relate to modern day riots 


Now breathe and write your essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment