Wednesday 6 May 2015

VISUAL DIAGRAM - Further research

VISUAL DIAGRAM - Further research 
>From my feedback from the presentation, I knew I had to do some more research before I started doing work for my poster. 

>I decided to look at two different groups of people, people my age and then people who have written articles and more deeper thinkers.


>I asked friends and family on their opinion of the lifestyle of made in chelsea and got a lot negative comments saying how these people have more money than sense and egotistic and pretentious and narcissistic and arrogant and self indulgent etc etc. I think most of the comments had swearing in it...
I kind of already knew this was the response that I was going to get, because it's pretty obvious that these posh toffs are incredibly self centred. Although it does show that I'm not the only one that has this idea about them which is reassuring. But this is still one group of people that I'm friends with, so of course they're going to have similar views to me or I wouldn't be friends with them.... I then hit the internet to see what else I could find on people's views of Made in Chelsea.



>I found an article talking about 'Geordie Shore' and 'Made in Chelsea' and how people are starting to believe that people that are from that area are genuinely like that, and that it's creating this north and south divide. I thought this was quite interesting, especially as I'm from London and my boyfriends from Newcastle. I think it's crazy how reality tv has seem to brainwash people to actually start making them believe that people from that certain area are all like that. I definitely know that I don't have this stuck up lazy money drenched lifestyle that Made in Chelsea depicts a Londoner to have. She also says that London is typically a working class area, so has Made in Chelsea made people start to totally forget all about that and make them think it's now this upper and upper middle class lifestyle? I personally know that it's not, but for people that never really go to London is this what they now believe?

I'll stop rambling 


>I found another more wordy article about society and Made in Chelsea. How the media gets to decide that viewpoints they want to show to sway our views. This leads back to my initial essay on how the media effected rebellion and youth culture, which is interesting. It just shows again how the media love to worm their way into every crevasse and control what they want us to believe. Even using symbolism, as the crown shown in the Made in Chelsea logo makes the audience have this idea that these people are majestic and superior to us. It's brainwashing you without even realising. CRAZY.

WHY IS THE WORLD LIKE THIS?????

AHHHHHHH

>Okay so I need to make a poster to strip all of the power from these people. The media has imposed this fake lifestyle which people seem to be soaking up and I feel like I should show what these people are really like, I refuse to be brainwashed.


No comments:

Post a Comment