Saturday 7 January 2017

Joe Schlaud



"ancient Kama Sutra positions with mundane everyday activities,”

This is something that I stumbled across whilst looking at It's Nice That. Joe Schlaud had created a series of Gifs of kama sutra positions whilst doing pretty mundane tasks like mowing the lawn. I think the combination of the mundane with sex positions is quite funny, although I suppose can also be seen as being quite vulgar... But anyway I think the style of illustration is similar to my own, with the very stripped back colour palette and plain background. This is actually great to see, because I've really been struggling to find other illustrators work that I A) Enjoy and B) can relate to my own. This has also inspired me for work in the future, because I really like how it's only three colours, so I think I might experiment with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment