Wednesday 11 January 2017

Susan goes to the mall - dress-up doll


I had the idea to do this ages ago after the first big peer crit that we had a few weeks ago, although I didn't want to spend time doing it until I knew that I had completed everything else. But I'm really glad that I did because I think it's a great extra piece of ephemera that sits nicely with my book! 

It links again to the children's book merchandise, thinking about what kind of products that they would like or would make them want their parents to buy the original book. Of course, this isn't actually a children's book, but the similar elements add to its satirical nature of spoofing the children's book style. 


I did a general search of paper dress-up dolls so I could get an understanding over the layout. I was surprised to see that it was pretty basic, but I suppose for my work that isn't necessarily a bad thing, as it would have detracted from the elements and Susan. I looked at this image in particular, noticing comments like 'get an adult to help' which I thought would be quite funny to add to mine, again showing how it's a satirical version of a children's book. 

If I were to carry on this project further, I would have this printed and presented in the same style as my book - in a plastic sleeve with the paper over the top. I would also would have had stickers, the same as above, as an alternative to having to cut them out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment