Friday 2 December 2016

Book front cover?


I did a general google search to see what satire book covers there are and the usual approach for them. I've now realised that they usually go for a realistic style, using irony as satire. This worked great for my book last year, but it really won't work with my illustrations I've done now. I suppose this isn't necessarily a bad thing, because I'd rather my book cover stand out against the rest in it's genre instead of just doing the same as everyone else...



...But I've had a thought of just doing a close up of Susan's face, a bit like Joan Cornella's covers. I initially was thinking the shopping centre should be at the front, but now I'm thinking that people would be more inclined to open the book if they see a close up of a blow up doll and be intrigued to see what's inside. I'm also thinking of having the type quite large on the front, so it should be easy enough to see what's inside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment