Friday 16 December 2016

Clothes made from used blow up dolls




I found this on bored panda when looking to see if there was any illustrations of blow up dolls, I thought it would be a bit of a stab in the dark but went looking anyway. I didn't find illustrations, but found a dutch artist called Sander Reijgers who made a fashion collection using used blow up dolls donated by a 'sender'... 

“These dolls are so ugly and vulgar that turning them into something beautiful has become a challenge for me. The doll is a means to convey something else… it’s near-incomprehensible that people could have sex with something as ugly and lifeless as a blow-up doll. However much air you pump into it, it remains an object that can’t reciprocate the feelings of lust…” - Sander

I really like what the artist has said about his work. It is quite relevant to what I've been talking about in my essay, about transformation of one thing to another, but overall it's still just quite a mundane thing. I really like this concept contextually, like how you can dress something up as much as you want, but it still can't do what you want it to do. This is something I want to think about in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment