Tuesday 6 December 2016

Excess of Space - Illustration layout rethink

  

Thinking about applying Marc Auge's concept of supermodernity into my practical, and for this experimentation specifically the excess of space. I wanted space to be something that is highlighted in my practical, as my essay is all about the use of space so makes sense. I think by making Susan smaller, this comes across a lot more, making Susan look like she's in a space instead of taking over the whole composition.  

I'll have to change all my images now, but it didn't take me that long to do so should be no problem as I've allowed myself time for alterations. 


After adjusting all my images to the new format and putting them into InDesign, I think they work far better as compositions. All the space makes the small spot image more impactful which I didn't think would be the case. The feel of space is definitely clearer and comes to your attention a lot more than the doll being larger. I am glad I changed my images and had time to change them!!



No comments:

Post a Comment