Saturday 3 December 2016

Cover designs

      

I struggled a little with the choice of type for my cover. I really wanted it to look professional like it actually could be in a shop display. I didn't want to use the same type as I did for my book last year because I'm not producing the same thing. I also wanted to explore my knowledge for type, which is a bit of a frustrating process because in the real world it would be a graphic designer that would do this for me, but I suppose it's good to get at least a grasp for it. I went for quite simple type faces, and knew that I wanted it to be in all caps to be more impactful. 

The choice of having the same image on the cover is not due to laziness. Because all the pages are also the same it adds to the dull repetitive nature of the shopping centre. Having the blow up doll on the front is also intriguing for the audience, making them want to see what the book is all about. 

I think I'm going to go with the cover with my name on it, I think my name at the bottom balances out the composition, otherwise I think it's a bit top heavy. 

(Typeface: Kohinoor Devanagari)

No comments:

Post a Comment