Friday 9 December 2016

Practical printed - but...



Although I have a print slot booked for the 10th Jan, I had already finished my book so I wanted to just go to drop in and get it printed so it didn't have to hang over me during christmas. I printed two books, because I knew I was going to mess one up. 

Mistake 1 - I accidentally wrote Sandra Bollock instead of Sandra Bullock... an easy mistake I suppose, and I could say that it's meant to add to the humour... but I can't have this in my final book. 

Mistake 2 - I attempted to staple one of the books and it just made an absolute mess of the spine, so that's definitely not getting submitted as my final book.

Mistake 3 - The other book should have been put together perfectly in theory, but that would make my life far too easy. I accidentally folded my front cover way off the mark, so there's a crease on the front cover. So that's definitely not getting submitted as my final book. 

Instead of getting annoyed at the £6 I've lost in the printing and the time that I've also now lost... I need to think of this as a positive, because now I know what to avoid and what I need to be more careful of when putting my book together when I have my print slot. But I'm really glad I've allowed myself this time to mess up so when it comes to the final thing I've sorted them already so I don't have to say in my evaluation 'i wish this was different if i had more time' but actually because i did a run through i can redo my mistakes now so hopefully my final product will be better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment