Sunday 24 April 2016

OUIL501 Front Design?

So I've finished my inside pages - YAY. But I still have the front page to do… And I am pretty stuck. I was thinking maybe to have all the cocktails displayed on the front with the similar background, but thought no that'll look terrible.

So I went back to my main inspiration, the good old ladybird books. They always have a full page composition, again done in the nice watercolour material. This is something I really really struggle with, so the thought of having to do a whole composition was scary. But I thought, get over yourself and stop pushing yourself away from something that you think you can't do. So I decided to go for it.



But what am I going to draw?
I remembered seeing this ageeees ago. 'Gin Lane' is pretty much a scene full of really drunk people all over the place, I think this is the one. But I should change it slightly to incorporate the brands subtly instead of just copying which is silly. I'm also not going to do all of it because I do not have enough time and I'm not a mad man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment