Sunday 24 April 2016

OUIL501 Ladybird Book Inspo 2



I had already decided to base my book on a Ladybird book, having a nice painted illustration with the satirical text, but I didn't think about layout. When i put the writing with the illustration I didn't think it looked right, something was missing.


It seemed to be a bit too messy on the page, and with some of the cocktails like the Manhattan, I wasn't sure where to put the writing. So I went and looked at an actual Ladybird book and saw that they have the illustration on full on one page and writing on the other. Annoyingly this means I'm going to have to do less cocktails due to the page allowance, but I think it will look a lot better. And I think it'll make it more clear that I'm almost recreating a Ladybird book. 

It also made me think that I shouldn't have a list of ingredients and then the methods, I think I can be more clever with the writing. The Ladybird books always have short to the point sentences or small paragraphs, so I think I should do this instead. I think it'll make the book more satirical and again more Ladybird book-like.

No comments:

Post a Comment