Wednesday 20 April 2016

OUIL501 Research - Current Satire books?

After deciding on doing a satirical cocktail book, I thought I should see first if there is already something similar on the market (which would be really annoying) but if there is then the layout that they chose? As I'm still quite up in the air about how I'm going to display my pages.


I accidentally found this cocktail book when looking at ladybird books on amazon. I thought it was a really clever way of combing a classic children's book for adults. Especially as the generation that grew up with this book are now adults, so it's like an adult version of their childhood. It is a little similar to my own idea, combing adult contents with a childhood book that people would easily recognise. Although I don't think I can take layout ideas from this, because it's obviously set out like the very hungry caterpillar. 

  

I remember hearing about this book a while ago. I think it's a great idea combining two things that a lot of people like or are familiar with. I think in a marketing point of view, combing two things like how this book has ups the sale of the product massively, as people love novelty. I think it makes the perfect gift for an alcoholic english student.


I think the layout from Tequila Mockingbird will be similar for my own book, having the cocktail on the left and writing on the right. I've noticed it's the layout that most cocktail books go for and definitely looks the smartest. Although, I'm not going to put as much writing on mine, because firstly it's meant to be mainly illustrative and secondly it's more real to what the ladybird book layout is like. 



No comments:

Post a Comment