Wednesday 5 October 2016

After first tutorial - group presentations

I am still a little bit lost with what to do with my dissertation in terms of the writing/context. I need to focus on a key quote that I'm most drawn to and run with that.

From what I have already gathered, this quote is what I've been most interested in:

French philosopher Jean Baudrillard: says that Disneyland is the most real place in the U.S. because it's not pretending to be something that it isn't. In his essay Simulations he writes:

"Disneyland is presented as imaginary in order to make us believe that the rest is real, when in fact all of Los Angeles and the America surrounding it are no longer real, but of the order of the hyper-real and of simulation."


I want to explore this idea further and see if I can try and form a question from it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment