Sunday 9 October 2016

Keiichi Matsuda: Kaleidoscope



I found video created by Keiichi Matsuda based on Hyperreality. It is quite scary to watch, it felt like I was watching a Black Mirror episode. But it was quite interesting as the video mixes both the real and the virtual and shows how much we depend on the virtual. Although, I think that this video edges more towards how technology has encouraged hyperreality and technology really isn't something I'm interested in. It has made me think a bit about the practical side of cop, as I could try and have two separate realities that you see at the same time (maybe using acetate or layers of some kind???) and experimenting with colour. From what I've seen so far, it feels that hyperreality is depicted using bright colours, and reality dusky bland ones.
The world that lives in the video is filled with advertising, games and internet servers, linking to how the world of consumerism is expanding (a concept I'm interested in). I think that this subject area is great for writing and the practical.

No comments:

Post a Comment