Wednesday 16 November 2016

Case Study Rethink

I still haven't heard anything from the two architects that built the Trafford Centre and I have lost faith to think that it will be apparent. I've also just read in 'Lifestyle Shopping - The Subject of Consumption' that 'Mall owners and developers who have such studies generally refuse to divulge their contents, nor do they grant permission for impartial surveys on their property.'  (p.10) This has made me rethink my options for primary research, but I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing because I've read about how these places have been constructed and what I want to find out is more so on how it impacts on the consumer and if it is successful. I will be able to find this out if I ask people who go to shoppings centres and these people could be anyone so a lot easier to contact.

So, for my case study I would like to put together a focus group to answer questions about either the Trafford Centre, Bluewater Shopping Centre or the MetroCentre. I have chosen these three as they are the names that keep coming up in my research. I would like the focus group to be quite a small group of around 5/6 people, which a range of ages, gender and views towards shopping centres (people that go there a lot and that don't). Luckily, I know people that live close to all three shopping centres, so should be easy to source. I will have Bluewater as my focus group and the other two will be just one on ones just as a link to my focus group to see any correlations.

Methodology:
> Interview - focus group & one on one
> Qualitative Data

No under 18s, mixed gender group 

No comments:

Post a Comment