Friday 4 November 2016

Practical - The Uncanny?

The theory of the uncanny is something that maybe I could have as my context, instead of trying to squeeze everything into an image.

"The Uncanny" - 'Is something new that exists in something already known'
'Human replicas that appear almost, but not exactly like real human beings elict feelings of eeriness and revulsion among some observers.'

With this understanding, I think trying to visualise the highlighted above is going to be my best pathway right now. What human like objects are there that has this effect?? And how can I show this?
>LAYERING - This is an idea that was on my mind a while ago and I think it's time that I could test it out and see if it's successful.
>But first I need to experiment with media on acetate to see what works best.

No comments:

Post a Comment